At Tiento, we want to see your tiles look their best for years to come. While tiles are generally low maintenance, every now and then they require some extra care. With our few simple cleaning tips, your tiles will look as good as new in no time!
Ceramic and porcelain tiles
Ceramic and porcelain tiles are incredibly durable and naturally stain resistant making them exceptionally easy to clean.
– Start by sweeping or vacuuming loose dirt and dust from the floor.
– Fill a bucket with hot water and add a half a cup of mild detergent.
– Using a rag or microfibre mop, apply solution to the tile surface. Swapping water regularly, work from one end of the room to the other and avoid walking on the tiles until they are dry.
Hint: Avoid cotton and sponge mops as they tend to push dirty water into the grout.
– Clear any haziness or soapy residue with a non-abrasive all purpose cleaner if needed.
– Dry floor and wall tiles thoroughly with a clean towel or lint-free cloth immediately after washing to prevent water spots from forming.
Be careful when working with a natural stone tile like our Italia Terrazzo range. Chemicals in traditional cleaners can damage its surface. Instead, clean your terrazzo tiles with products specifically designed for natural stone.
We recommend Aqua Mix® Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner for cleaning terrazzo. Follow instructions as per the label.
Remember terrazzo is a natural stone and therefore highly porous, meaning it easily absorbs liquid and stains if left unsealed. We recommend sealing terrazzo every 18 months for protection against potential marks and stains.
Encaustic cement tiles
Encaustic cement tiles, such as our handmade Popham range, need to be cleaned in a similar way to natural stone.
We recommend Aqua Mix® Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner for cleaning encaustic cement tiles. Follow instructions as per the label.
Like natural stone, encaustic cement is highly porous, meaning it easily absorbs liquid and stains if left unsealed. We recommend sealing encaustic cement tiles every 18 months to assist in protection against potential marks and stains.
Most of our outdoor tiles are porcelain which automatically protects them from rain and intense sunlight, however it is still important to choose the right cleaner to ensure their protective coating is not damaged or removed.
– Start by sweeping any leaves or dirt off of the tiles
– Hose the tiles down to wet the surface and remove any residual dirt
– Using a scrubbing brush, apply Aqua Mix® Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner to remove tough grime (do not apply to dry surface). Please note: this product is biodegradable and environmentally-friendly.
– To finish, rinse tiles with water to remove cleaning product. You may choose to use a mop to remove excess water and ensure the tiles dry nicely.
Following the above steps, will help to keep your tiles looking clean and sparkling for years to come.